Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start of thumbnail overview takes a long time

hi.
    since some weeks the start of the thumbnail preview folder takes a very long time.
    steps:
    -open a pic in irfanview
    -press T to open thumbnails for this folder
    -now it takes a very long time until the thumbnails will be shown
    if a click afterwards in the left navigation to an other folder, the thumbnail previews are shown quickly

so it seems that the problem occurs if the thumbnail preview T is started

what coudl it be?
    did irfanview check something in the background or something like that?

thx for help

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    irfanview version 4.58 64bit
    hardware: windows 10 64bit, 32gb ram, ssd, intel i7

I see there is about half a second delay when Thumbnails are opened before the previews start loading. Is that it?
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Are you viewing thumbnails from all subfolders?
      What are your thumbnail options? What size? Use resampling is slow but better quality. If the images are typical camera images then generating thumbnails could be slow. If they are RAW images, check the plugin settings for RAW images.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Well, same issue here with latest irfanview version 4.58 64bit, Win10 21H1.

I see approx 10sec delay when opening Thumbnail app from IW pressing the T button. Only the filename is shown, the app is not responsive.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	irfan_thumb_issue.JPG
Views:	354
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	92929
        I isolated the single jpg file 157kB in the folder with the very same result. I also turned off every single settings in Thumbnails options.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	irfan_thumb.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	92928

This is a Networking related issue. Once the computer is set offline (no internet nor LAN connection), this issue vanishes.
        Hope this helps solving the issue.

Comment

Are you using any 3rd party antivirus software?
          My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
            Are you using any 3rd party antivirus software?
            NO, just win defender. And one more info - as far as I remember it worked some time ago. May be something changed at Win side since that time.

Comment

Working...
            X