Animated images (GIF/WEBP) don't pause with hotkeys in slideshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animated images (GIF/WEBP) don't pause with hotkeys in slideshow

I tested with a gif and several webp files. There are two hotkeys for pausing a timer slideshow: Q and "pause/break"..In my testing, break never works. If i press any of the other two hotkeys while displaying a normal image (I tested png and jpeg), then the slideshow does pause. I can then unpause the slideshow by pressing any key (including modifier keys like ctrl and shift, wtf?) but this will usually cause the slideshow to jump to the next image if more than the allowed time per slide has passed (very confusing if you press left arrow key).

Bug: if you press Q or pause on an animated image, then the slideshow does not pause and it will automatically go to the next slide at the allotted time. (again, this happened with both gif and webp files)

Also note, when you try to pause an animated image, it will still enter the mode where it is listening for any key to be pressed, so the next key you press, even though the slideshow isn't paused, will jump to the next slide. This is kind of a moot point, though, since fixing the actual bug will also fix this.

Using Irfanview 4.58 - 64 bit

My computer:
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.89 GB usable)

Windows:
    Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 20H2
    Installed on ?07/?07/?2021
    OS build 19042.1083
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0
Working...
X