Thumbnailss Do Not Enlarge in Thumbnail View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Thumbnailss Do Not Enlarge in Thumbnail View

I've searched to see if anyone else reported this, and can't find anything.

Here is the bug:

In Version 4.33, clicking on File/Thumbnails brings up the thumbnail page. However all the thumbnails are of minimum size.
    Going to Options/Set Thumbnail Options allows me to enlarge the frame size, but the actual thumbnail jpg images do not enlarge at all, just the frame.

This was never a problem in earlier versions of IrfanView.

Using Win 7 64bit.

No such problem here — the thumbnails refresh after changing the size in Thumnail options.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Also no problem on my computer.
      Please check the file
      C:\Program Files (x86)\IrfanView\i_view32.ini

It should content this:
      Code:
      [Others]
      INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

Comment

I had the same problem with risizing the thumbnails , but only at photo's with Exif-data. Unchecking "Try to load EXIF-Thumbnail" solved the problem.

Comment

This is related to this issue.

The thumbnail viewer now loads Exif thumbnails if they're available so uncheck the option if you want IrfanView to regenerate thumbnails every time. This may be slower with large image collections with Exif thumbnails as each large image has to be loaded to generate a thumbnail.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Sorry for my misunderstanding. Of course Irfanview can't resize, if I want to load the small Exif-thumbnails made by the camera . Isn't it?
            I tried it out and I can make the thumbnails smaller then the Exif-thumbnail-size, but not bigger.
            Last edited by kareldg; 08.05.2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kareldg View Post
              I had the same problem with risizing the thumbnails , but only at photo's with Exif-data. Unchecking "Try to load EXIF-Thumbnail" solved the problem.
              Thanks. This indeed fixed the issue.

I would suggest that this box not be checked by default.

Comment

Working...
              X