Irfanview and Panda Anti-Virus conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Irfanview and Panda Anti-Virus conflict

I bought Panda anti-virus for both mine and my wife's computers, which are both running Windows 7 32-bit. When Irfanview is run on a computer with Panda it can take 30 seconds to a minute per picture to open! In Panda there are no settings to make it not effect Irfanview. If you shut down Panda Anti-Virus then Irfanview is virtually instant opening pictures. I have another relative that also runs Panda and he has the same problem that my wife and I have on our computers. I really love Irfanview but also can't afford to repurchase a different anti-virus. Please make Irfanview work properly with Panda Anti-virus. All of my other programs run perfectly, just something between Panda and Irfanview that has an issue.

Thanks!

This looks like a bug with Panda or a setting that you don't know about. Contact them, or install a free antivirus like Avast. I have been using it for years without issues.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi,

Irfan uses a so called run time packer for the program. Maybe this causes Panda to check the file against using Cloud porextion? Please disconnet your computer from the internet and try to open a picture again. What happens?

Regards
      Nils

Comment

Nils: I'll have to ask a relative of mine still running Panda and I'll let you know what he says.

Anyways, here is the update: I won't run Avast, AVG, MS Security Essentials, etc. I want a very good antivirus with someone I can call and yell at if there is a problem. I have a small business and also keep important files on my home computer and cannot risk a virus. I usually buy an Anti-Virus in the top 3. I went online and today Panda is rated #3, so I went and bought BitDefender which is rated #1 today (by the way Avast was #6). I removed Panda and put on BitDefender and Irfanview is back to working instantly and perfectly. It worked out good for me but I wasn't planning on buying a new anti-virus so soon. It should be looked into because Panda is ranked high and I'm sure a lot of people use both Panda and Irfanview.

I will reply to this thread with an answer about what happens when internet is disconnected.
        Thanks!

Comment

@Casperboy: This forum is not about which anti virus is currently a good or the best. I just know that some alerts (false positives) are frequently posted here and that's because of the packed files. If Irfan would decide to not use this packaging tool any longer I'm sure some threds won't be opened here.
          But Irfan is the programmer and he has to decide what to do.

Just my opinion: after several problems with BitDefender over several versions I decided to drop it and do not use or recommend it any longer. Maybe some of "my" problems are fixed meanwhile, maybe not. But I'm sure there are many people which have problems with other anti virus tools. So I do not give you any recommendation what to do and how to protect. I just liked to know if the Panda Cloud proctection is the troublemaker. Because you switched your anti virus tool I'll do not get an answer to this question. I do not ask if you could remove BitDefender and install Panda again, I'll think if there is a general problem someone else will post a message.

Best regards and I'm glad to know your computer and IV are running properly
          Nils

Comment

Working...
          X