No announcement yet.

Settings -> always go to to prev/next image with mousewheel not working anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Settings -> always go to to prev/next image with mousewheel not working anymore

Win 11, IrfanView 4.59 64bit

When an image is zoomed in (scrollbar visible), the image is scrolled when the mouse wheel is used instead of going to the previous/next image.
    Seems a regression, since it worked as expected in previous versions (tested with e.g. 4.50 64bit):

Also, translation of the relevant option seems a bit off - see yellow marks on screenshots:

Additional bug here in the forum: I uploaded two different photos (see second image without title bar image below post), but only the first image is shown twice when clicked on!?
    Last edited by RipperFox; 23.12.2021, 08:57 PM.

Comment

+1. Not being able to *always* use mousewheel for next image means I need to find a different viewer.

Comment

This is intended behavior. Scrolling the image in a window takes precedence over browsing files in a directory.

There are two possible solutions:
        • Use keyboard to browse images in a directory - Space bar goes to the next image, Backspace goes to the previous image.
        • Let IrfanView to shrink big images:
          View ? Display options (window mode) ? Fit only big images to window
          Or you can use full screen mode, Enter key toggles between window and full screen modes.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

@JendaLinda:
          As I wrote: It was working as expected in older versions - like the German text of the option says:
          "Always change to prev/last image with mouse wheel / page up/downn even when scroll bars are visible".

That's different from the English desciption btw (which only mentions page up/down) - I already noted that.

I was happily "moving" in a big image with hori/vert scrollbars with the right mouse button held, scrolling a huge with the wheel is just plain stupid - to disable that silly behavior and make the wheel move back-/forward in the directory, that's what the option was/is for..

Did you look even at the images and compared with an old version (I did)?
          You also just ignored BrianSkog's comment, wo seems to have the same problem?
          If you're not able to check & accept regression reports, would you suggest I contact Irfan directly then?
          At least he should understand what the option should do as he wrote the option title (in German) himself?
          I sadly suspect his address is no longer e9xxxx74@stud1.tuwien.ac.at - it's been >20 years since I contacted him directly..
          Last edited by RipperFox; 29.12.2021, 04:01 AM.

Comment

The behavior is conform with other programs. In most programs the scroll wheel scrolls the content of the window, that is moves the page.

This is a feature request rather then bug report. That's why I marked the topic "no bug". Feel free to contact Irfan Skiljan directly. The contact information is in Help ? About IrfanView.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
            X