navigation window bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported navigation window bug

I have this strange bug that didn't happen in versions before reach the end of the folder the navigation window appears, if I keep clicking next then the folder loops which is normal but the navigation window doesn't disappear, or sometimes I am using the navigation window to browse a different folder and it deselects itself and starts browsing the same folder (loop) instead with the navigation window in front Click image for larger version

Name:	6-14-2012 8-40-54 AM.png
Views:	1
Size:	322.0 KB
ID:	84548 this happens when browsing on full screen, if I hit escape button, the nav window will disappear, but you didn't have to do this before, and navigating is harder you want to reach another folder and instead suddenly starts browsing the folder and you have to reach the end of folder for the navigation to become active again. I am sorry if I am not clear, English is my second language...

It is not the English translation that makes your post not clear, frozenreality, but use of phrases like "clicking next".

There are many ways to select the next image in Irfanview and to understand your problem we need to know which of them you are using.
    To save time I will list those that I can remember;
    Using the mouse -
    1. Left click on "Next file in directory" in View menu
    2. Left click on Right arrow on Toolbar
    3. Right click on image
    4. Roll back mouse wheel one click
    Using the keyboard -
    5. Press Shift bar
    6. Press Right arrow
    7. Press Down arrow
    8. Press Page Down
    Using a remote control device
    9. Press Next or >

Some of these work only in Full screen mode, some only in Window mode, some only when the image is not zoomed, some only when particular options are selected in the Properties dialog. I do not believe that any of these have been changed in recent Irfanview updates though, so I suspect that you are now doing something different to what you did previously.

The only methods from this list that I might describe as "clicking next" are 1, 2 and 9, but 1 and 2 only work in Window mode. A remote control (9) usually simulates a Page Down keystroke and works in either mode as long as the image is not zoomed.
    The only methods that will reliably allow you to use the same key/button action to pass through the "Browse subfolders" dialog (what you call the Navigation window) and restart in the same folder are 5 and 6. Right clicking the image (3) when the dialog appears may have apparently random results according to where the cursor happens to be positioned when you clicked. Most other methods will require a different key/button action when you reach the dialog.

So, if you are still have a problem, I hope that will help you to explain it better.

Comment

Working...
    X