Create multipage PDF claims success but does not create file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reported Create multipage PDF claims success but does not create file

I'm using IrfanView 4.35 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit. I attempted to create a multipage PDF using a input two PNG files. I used the standard Options > Multipage images > Create Multipage PDF. The operation appeared to complete successfully, as shown in the image below. However, no file was actually created. This was repeatable. I cannot get it to create multipage PDFs. I was able to work around the problem by creating a multipage TIF and then converting that to PDF. That worked.

After it failed repeatedly, I thought maybe the plug-ins were not installed properly, so I re-downloaded and re-ran the plug-in installer, but it still failed after that.

Originally, the input files were on a network share, but I copied them into a subdirectory under Documents and retried and it still fails even with input and output files on the local hard drive.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IrfanViewCreateMultiPagePDFSuccessFailure.png
Views:	1
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	84584

It works for me on 32-bit Windows — maybe the plugin wasn't written for 64-bit Windows?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
      It works for me on 32-bit Windows — maybe the plugin wasn't written for 64-bit Windows?
      I have used IrfanView to create multipage pdf from gifs on my Win 7 Pro 64 bit, but after latest update to 4.35 – and latest plugins – it was not possible anymore. I had to reinstall plugins version 4.30 to make it possible again!

Comment

Win7 x64 - v4.36

I have Win7 x64 running version 4.36; I receive 'Operation Successful' but no file. I've installed the plugins, this is running under the Program Files (x86) folder. I've attempted to locate the older plugin as 'Laja' has to no avail. I've reviewed the 'How To' to make sure I'm not missing anything. Really any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comment

Now I am using 64-bit Windows 7. I tested it again, and it worked without issues. I just had to disable the default setting for PDF files to activate security.

The default output folder for the PDF was C:\TEMP
          Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 02.11.2013, 05:17 AM.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I can't believe this problem still exists. I just upgraded to IrfanView 4.37 and the latest PlugIns, and the problem is still here. It's intermittent as well. It worked once or twice today, and is now failing (with the exact same files I'm trying to make into a PDF!). I've seen a post about needing to change PDF security options and this may be related. At the moment, I can't get to the Options panel for PDF batch creation (nothing happens), and the Compression button from Create multipage PDF doesn't work either.
            Last edited by robo45h; 20.01.2014, 08:38 PM. Reason: Add more information

Comment

Hmm. I rebooted my computer and now it works. I love Windows. I think that perhaps there was an Adobe Reader update as well as some Microsoft Windows updates partially installed and awaiting a reboot to finish the install.

Comment

Working...
              X