Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXIF Information not Preserved when creating a .JPG file from a Canon .CR3 raw file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EXIF Information not Preserved when creating a .JPG file from a Canon .CR3 raw file

I have been using Irfanview for at least 15 years or more now and have found it to be an excellent program.

The past 3 years I have been using this program for editing my Canon Camera images with no problems that I have not been able to work around.

However, recently I have purchased a Canon R5 mirrorless camera and paired it with a Canon RF 100-500 lens and immediately have run into a problem with EXIF Information preservation.

I am using Irfanview Version 4.62-64 Bit

When I look at the EXIF Information for my Canon .CR3 raw file that this Camera body produces it has all the information for the image approximately 100 lines of data. However when I create a .JPG file from the . CR3 raw file I am left with only 10 lines of the original EXIF Information. It is imperative that I preserve this information within the .JPG image as I submit these images to a Citizen Science Group that relies on this information.

Using Irfanview I have also produced .JPG images for the past 3 years from Canon .CR2 Raw files as well with no EXIF Information preservation problems. All the information is preserved from the raw file.

I am hoping that someone can help me here as the I really want to continue to using Irfanview. The Citizen Science Group that I daily submit Birding observations and images to need this information for their database.

Thank You.
Working...
X