Issue with file type icons after version 4.28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no bug Issue with file type icons after version 4.28

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but it seems like one. Here it is.

In version 4.28, I can use my own custom icons for associated file types. For example, if IrfanView is set to either "Standard Icons" or "Other Icons" I can associate different icons for IrfanView.JPG, IrfanView.GIF, etc with File Types Manager and they stick no problem. Starting in versions after 4.28, they no longer stick. They stick temporarily, but as soon as I close and reopen IrfanView or restart they revert back to default.

I'm using Vista, 32, SP2. IrfanView is the only program I'm having this issue with so it shouldn't be Explorer, and 4.28 doesn't do it so it seems to be an issue only with IrfanView after 4.28.

I don't know if this is technically a "bug," but it would be nice if later versions didn't have this issue. There are some new features I'd like to be able to use, but unless something changes I'm not updating.

Appreciate it.

I was able to finally find a workaround for this particular issue. IrfanView 4.35 works as it's supposed to so this isn't really a bug. No further assistance needed on this issue.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
    X