Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Use of ini files, command line and scripting "beginner" missing information

Hi,

Not a beginner for writing windows scripting and using command lines, I miss some information. After a long time spent on the site, I have not found some essential "know-how" references.
    What I have not found ? :

- where are (can be) the ini files : Using IV since 15 years I remember that I had found how to add an ini file for a subdir of images files, so that it will be used in a batch mode (see note2)
    - for ini option sequence
    "[BatchText] <CR>AddText=this is a test ....<CR>...", can the text contain the advanced options for insert text?
    - How to get, save and edit and reuse later the options defined into the batch panel with advanced options ?

Best regards

Trebly
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________

Note 1 : My current problem : Insert a text containing copyright information, file name, date... using a batch ( 100,000 images to treat) with defined options (tested using insert "text" on several images) like :

[BatchText] AddText=this is a test
    Orientation=0
    TranspText=1
    SemiTranspText=0
    FontColor=65280
    TxtBgkr=16777215
    FitColorW=1
    OutlineFill=0
    Outline=0
    Emboss=0
    Shadow=0
    FontParam=-13|0|0|0|400|0|0|0|0|1|2|4|49|
    Font=Courier New
    TextCoord=0;0;100;100;
    Corner=0

Note 2 : Where a sequence like the preceding "ini" options contained into a separate complementary file must be set so that it will be used for a batch on a particular sub-dir of images ?

In the IrfanView directoy you will find an .ini file. This file contains only two lines and defines the place where the 'real' .ini file can be found.
    You will also find some .txt files with information about command line options and other useful facts.
    There is also a helpfile .chm with even more information.
    Win 10/64 Home 21H1 IrfanView 4.58/64
    Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
    X