List of recent files needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested List of recent files needed

I have searched everywhere, but I am not finding where irfanview displays the list of recent files that were opened by it.

it does show "recent folder" in open/ save dialogue, but I couldn't find the file list.

If that option is not there, I think it a very much required and helpful thing. If we are in a folder having 250 image files, it is very tedious to remember and to reach the exact file that was last opened in irfanview.

So, I request such a feature that iv shows 4 or 6 or more recent files that were opened by this, should be retained across sessions.

Thanks.
    --
    Rawat

IrfanView is an image viewer, not an image editor. Any recently used file menu would very quickly become full or too long to be useful the way that most people use it. That's why it has never been implemented. The recently used folders menu is more useful. Mine currently has 14 folders on it, which is manageable.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Every software's recent file list soon becomes full, so they retain last 4 or so files.

When one is using the program, he would not need help of recent files or whatever. But when one closed the program for the session or for the day, and comes back to work the next and wants to begin on the image where he was yesterday, then the last entry of recent file list helps.

If you mean irfanview is for kids just to see images, and one should not use irfanview to do serious creative work, then ok, I don't have anything to counter on such a stand.

:-(

Comment

I have got a project to convert a 256 page Hindi book. the input is 128 scanned images having two pages side by side on each image.

I cut the images, ocr-ed them to get garbled text, and now I am opening all images one by one in irfanview, opening ocr-ed garbled text in ms word, and correcting one by one.

Each session or sitting, I to 5-7-10 pages, each day I do some 3-40 pages.

Each time I close the program, and then restart later or the next day, I am at an absolute loss to figure out which image I was last at, there is no recent list, so, it is tough.

But, again, you categorize it as a image viewer, so I should not be doing this serious work in irfanview. It must be my fault. Should be looking for some other image viewer for my kind of work.

Comment

Working...
        X