IrfanPaint new icon Delete using rectangle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rejected IrfanPaint new icon Delete using rectangle

I have big drawings in tiff format. When I want to delete something, I use Rectangle tool, Linewidth=1, Fill, and both colors White.
    After deleting I want to write some text. Than I must set Linewidth,Fill and colors.
    New Tool: - will remember settings,
    sets up Linewidth=1,Fill,Both colors White
    after deactivating sets up remembered settings
    I thing it will be useful tool because other programs (Gimp ....) dont have similar tool.

Thank you in advance.

IrfanPaint is no longer being developed.

The code has been released if you are able to code what you want for yourself.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Have you tried Edit > Insert Text in the IrfanView menus (shortcut CTRL+T)?

What is your setup: Win/IrfanView/32/64?

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

As you can see in "IrfanView Support Forum > Program > Support > selection cut" or
        "ForumProgramFeature RequestsRejected Default color change for the CUT feature"
        we solve the same problem. Deleting of bigger parts of picture. Irfanview has no
        tool for it.
        I have questions: Why is default background color for CUT black, when most back-white
        pictures have white background ? Is there some reason for it ?
        Why every new user should search Help or Google to find how to change background color for CUT ?
        I thing that good program sould be "User friendly" and rejecting of that requests will help to nobody.
        The solution is simple. In new version of IrfanView set default color to white.

Comment

I do editing of the picture in IrfanPaint. The problem is when I edit for example 20 pictures I must 40-times
          change LineWidth, Fill and both Colors. IrfanView has no tool for deleting of bigger parts of pictures.
          I have last 64 bit version.

Comment

Have you ever made a walk through the settings? It's helpful if you like to solve problems by yourself ;-)
            You can set the backgound colour for cuts in Options > Properties/Settings > Browsing/Editing.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	I-View_Settings_Cut_BG-color.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	83572
            Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
            Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

It is a year ago I find it out.
              How long exists the program Irfanview? (20 ?).
              I don't hate. I only want to help you, to create good program.

Comment

Originally posted by mcemp1 View Post
                Why every new user should search Help or Google to find how to change background color for CUT?
                I think every new user should first look at the Settings dialog and the menus whenever they encounter a problem. Searching help should be the next step. If they cannot find the answer there, they should post a support question on the forum. Finally, if no practical solution is suggested, or a feature does not exist, then is the time to make a feature request.

The reason for rejecting the feature request is because IrfanPaint is no longer under development. Irfan Skiljan is the author of IrfanView, but not of the plugin that provides the features of IrfanPaint.
                I have questions: Why is default background color for CUT black, when most black-white pictures have white background ? Is there some reason for it ?
                As a general rule, there needs to be a very good reason to change default settings. Users have different workflows, and what suits one user will not suit others. After changing the defaults to suit oneself, they remain in effect until changed again. They even survive an upgrade. If the default was changed to white, new users would still need to search to find out how to change the background colour for cut.
                Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 21.01.2021, 07:15 PM.
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Please tell me where is the last souce code for IrfanPaint or last developer ? Last changes were made in versin 4.56 of Irfan view. (0.4.13.56 IrfanPaint)
                  It means that somebody did changes. At the IrfanPaint site si last version 0.4.13.70

Comment

See the link to IrfanPaint in my signature for the developer's home page.

Comment

Working...
                    X