opening with preset, macro-s, cpu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested opening with preset, macro-s, cpu

ok this time its some slipping into the "over-eager" category...

[late edit, switched to v.4,25 and found gamma. sorry!] i was thinking about, when browsing very dark images but a great bunch of them, what if one could set some of the more simple and straightforward stuff to used automatically on opening a file: like this time a gamma value of 1,5 or 2. (value settable, and the whole thing tickable. a few of the more useful things could be added for such a feature)
    this would save us from having to do it all by hand on each one (of course im working with the shortcuts but even with those this can be a lot)

the second thing, custom grouping of menus/actions into user-set keys or key combinations. a very simple macro or user menu. what i mean; now for example if i want to apply unsharp mask, or those filters or activities which dont have their own keys, i have to use the menu all the time. what if i could, in a separate area, or a small text or ini file, set customly a thing like "image/effects/effects browser/unsharp mask".
    another example for the same thing, if i want to apply with a single keystroke many multiple edits in succession, always the same ones; but this combined with browsing freely and without saving (--> batch conversion or command line ruled out)

and, i dont lack it too much (nor do i think any1 would ever seriously need this in such a lightweight program), but what if partially iv could be multi-threaded and support multi-core processors? i only mean the few more easily parallelly do-able things, not to optimize the whole thing whenever possible for speed. example of use could be a batch conversion of 1000 files, depending on how many cores the user set (or iv detects via os), it'd simply split it into e.g. 2x500 and handle them over to the cores. a more advanced level of support would be for example applying filters to 10mb+ jpgs, et c. working with images (or just loading them for that matter), but i guess stuff of this kind r much harder to achieve properly so its kinda forgettable.
    Last edited by aaa3; 12.02.2010, 04:53 PM.
Working...
X