Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feature request to display a 16bpp png with 16 bit value when clicking on a pixel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature request to display a 16bpp png with 16 bit value when clicking on a pixel

There is only one more thing I wish IrfanView could do (it literally can do EVERYTHING else) and that is to let me load in a 16 bit grayscale png image and keep treating it as 16 bit values as I interrogate pixels, i.e., click on a pixel, instead of showing them as "RGB(Rval,Gval,Bval - index: 8 bit val)". I don't understand why IrfanView can read in the 16bpp image but then only let me view it as 8bpp. I only deal with 16bpp and this would be sooooo useful to read, manipulate/interrogate and save 16bit grayscale png.
    If it can already do this and I just need to find the correct setting or option please tell me!
    Thanks.

Unfortunately, the format used by IrfanView only supports 24-bit. You may have noticed that 32-bit images when loaded are only 24-bit. See the image Information dialog.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.57

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
    X