X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extension of Search by Meta Tags

Hi there,
    Thanks for your application.

I am a user of Windows 10 computer with a bunch of IPTC meta-tagged photos (over 1500 photos) distributed in multiple locations on my computer, each photo usually has a 32-symbols name and is assigned 4-20 keywords.

I've been lately using FastPhotoTagger program:

The good thing about FastPhotoTagger was that it allowed to save multiple paths to multiple folders to enable automatic search in all of them. It also allowed to use complex types of search by multiple criteria, using a sort of regular expressions with OR, AND and exclusions ("-minus"). Unfortunately after internal database crash FastPhotoTagger no longer works smoothly as it used to, so I can still use it to assign IPTC keywords, however it no longer searches in its database of keywords. So I started to test alternative solutions and came across Irfan.

I've tested the Search files option from the File menu in Irfan and spotted some deficiencies. Below video-link demonstrates the problem

All I tried to do was to search by 2 keywords "Kryvelev" AND "Islam". I've found 55 photos tagged as Kryvelev and separately I found 30 photos tagged as Islam. But somehow when I tried to search by BOTH words Irfan produced 64 photos. So I've realized that Irfan doesn't support the type search by multiple criteria. But perhaps you could add it?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 04.03.2021, 12:20 PM. Reason: Fixed Typos

This looks like an useful feature. I think it's worth adding.

This is an user forum. You may contact the developer directly. The contact information is in IrfanView in the Help - About dialog.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post

This is an user forum. You may contact the developer directly. The contact information is in IrfanView in the Help - About dialog.
      Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post

Thanks for correcting my typos. Unfortunately, I've already removed the app. Would you please share with me the contact details directly or with PM, or perhaps copy-paste my request to the developer?
      Best regards

Comment

Working...
      X