Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Requested Grid - making acurate jpg loseless cropping easier

Hi.

I wish there was a sort of 16px x 16px grid that selection rectangle would snap to.

This will help in situations where I have a full size jpg picture and want a loseess crop resulting in an exact image size.

The step to crop a 8 megapix picture into a 800x600 px frame is following:
    1. Open picture in Irfanview and create a rough selection of the frame to crop.
    2. Open the "custom selection dialog" and set the size 800x600.
    3. Go find any calculator that have a MOD function (or just use XP built in calculator)
    4. For both X and Y coords, calculate it's MOD 16, use the brain (or any other method) to find the nearest multiple to 16, and adjust the x and Y coords acordingly.
    5. Final step: Save selection and let Irfanview do the loseless crop operation.

Here's how I would like the routine to be:
    1. Open picture in Irfanview and create a rough selection of the frame to crop.
    2. Open the "custom selection dialog" and set the size 800x600.
    3. Save selection.
    4. In properties dialog box, activate a snap to grid and select size of grid lines = 16x16px. There should be a hotkey to activate grid.
    5. Now, I can move the 800x600 selection around, but the coords of it's corners will always be myltiple of 16 as it snaps to the grid. Any resizing of the selection will make it grow or shrink by a multiple of 16 px.
    6. Final step: Let Irfanview do the loseless crop operation.

Thanks
    If it hurts not to drint, don't waste the bottle then.
Working...
X