Remove slice (select angle) diagonally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove slice (select angle) diagonally

I find that the "remove/insert strip" works flawlessly for rectangular, but I hope that IF extends the functionality to allow adjustment of the angle of the selection. Perhaps snap points on two of the opposite diagonal corners of the selection box, only allowing the points to move up and down, with a different sub-menu.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 23.11.2021, 07:23 AM. Reason: In English UI the command is remove/insert strip (not slice)

@Toiletglasses What's your use case for this remove diagonal slice capability please? Could you post an example image that shows a diagonal area you would want to remove

Comment

Well, it's more of a feature request. If a selection is made on a picture, I would like to adjust the box with snap points on the top right and bottom left, or top left and bottom right, of the selection area, making the box polygonal, like taking a scissor and cutting the area diagonally. Yes, there is polygonal lasso function in other software, but for my uses, I find it illogical that you can select points outside of the physical border of the picture.
      Last edited by Toiletglasses; 23.11.2021, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Rotate the picture, slice rectangle, rotate back...

Maybe?

Comment

IrfanView was created some decades ago to view images as its only purpose. It was never meant to be an image editing programme.
          All additional functions have been developed later as a friendly add-on. If you need more functions, please get a real image processor; there are
          some free ones like Gimp or Paint.net.
          Win 10/64 Home 21H1 IrfanView 4.58/64
          Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Working...
          X