Please include '1:2' ratio on Create maximized selection (ratio:) menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please include '1:2' ratio on Create maximized selection (ratio:) menu

I use irfanview regularly to create mobile wallpapers using the Edit>Create maximized selection (ratio: ) option.
    Until a few years ago the ideal ratio for this type of wallpaper was 9:16, but nowadays smartphones are taller and the ratio '1:2' is much better.
    I know it's possible to use Current custom selection to get this ratio, but I think it would be very useful for many people if the 1:2 option was directly available in the menu.

Still waiting for an official response.

Comment

This is a user forum. Apparently no one else needs this. As you say, it is already easy to do with the Use Current Custom Selection option.

IMO, there is no point cluttering the menu with any more entries. You want 1:2, others may want different ratios. Where would it end? It makes sense to offer a handful of commonly used ratios.

I am not familiar with Mobile Phones, but looking at this list, I do not see any with a 1:2 aspect ratio.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you for your time. Many current phones use a very close to 1:2 aspect ratio (eg Iphone X, Samsung S20), but I understand your concerns. I'll look for alternatives in other programs then!

Comment

Working...
        X