Support for PNG "parameters" metadata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Support for PNG "parameters" metadata

When creating images using Stable Diffusion details of the generation method used are stored in the PNG file under the "parameters" metadata.

I can access this information using the following imagemagick command:

identify -format '%[parameters]' truck.png
    Californian redwood forest, (one) rusty abandoned ((steampunk)) truck, autumn, dappled light, thick tree trunks, 35mm, photo realistic
    Steps: 50, Sampler: PLMS, CFG scale: 7, Seed: 158349270, Size: 512x512
    Can a new $xxyy field be added to access this PNG "parameters" field so it can be used in other parts of the program like displayed in full screen, etc.

I've attached then image as an example, hopefully the meta-data remains intact.

I contacted Irfan on this request and this is already on his quite long "To Do" list, so this will probably be implemented sometime in the future, depending on how many people as for it.

Comment

I confirm the need of this function, there are now dozens of AI image generators out there, all of them generating huge PNG files with configuration embedded as EXIF info. Midjourney, Stable Diffusion, Novel AI, ChatGPT 4.0 (interfaced with Stable Diffusion)... just to tell some names you may have heard around. AI image generation is the big fact of 2023 and Irfant View may be a usefull post production tool to correct some errors, like colors and proportions. The support of text-extra-info while converting PNG to JPG, and viceversa, I think is becoming a need really urgent!

By the way, if you press F3, you can see all the info in clear, so is not a difficult task...

Comment

At the moment, IrfanView does not support any metadata in PNG files.
        You may use Exiftool to transfer EXIF data between image files.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

+1 for implementing some kind of PNG parameters metadata functionality. Currently, in order to view the metadata for PNG images generated with the Stable Diffusion webui (automatic1111), I have to open the corresponding text file, which becomes very cumbersome because I'm navigating through Irfanview by pressing the spacebar, but then have to drag and drop the text file into notepad. It becomes very hard to quickly scroll through all the images and catalog them by their settings.

At the very least a little sidebar or pop-up window that displays the parameters for an image would be helpful. If it could stay open and update automatically when navigating to the next image would be great!

Comment

+1 for this!

Comment

Originally posted by billbee View Post
              +1 for implementing some kind of PNG parameters metadata functionality. Currently, in order to view the metadata for PNG images generated with the Stable Diffusion webui (automatic1111), I have to open the corresponding text file, which becomes very cumbersome because I'm navigating through Irfanview by pressing the spacebar, but then have to drag and drop the text file into notepad. It becomes very hard to quickly scroll through all the images and catalog them by their settings.

At the very least a little sidebar or pop-up window that displays the parameters for an image would be helpful. If it could stay open and update automatically when navigating to the next image would be great!
              On automatic1111 you can use PNG Info tab or this website

Comment

Working...
              X