Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Command line switch to clear/wipe Recent files history please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Command line switch to clear/wipe Recent files history please!

Howdee Irfan and team,

To help maintain privacy/no logging it would be great if there could be a command line option to Clear Recent files from the Recent file history accessible from the Drop down menu File > Open Recent files ... This would simply remove all 14 files from under the [RecentFiles] section in the .ini file.

The switch should also clear the OpenDir variables under the [Open] section and other sections such as [Slideshow].

Presently any subsequent irfanview user can take a sneak peek and open irfanview and see which images/directories were open/viewed by the previous user!

Maybe add an INI setting that prevents irfanview from saving these histories to the ini file, just like we can change windows registry to block it from showing recently opened documents, etc.

Thanks again for an awesome image viewer.

PS: Woops I note that there is such a configuration switch to not store Recent stuff under Options > Properties/Settings > Miscellaneous
    > Show Recent files...
    > Show Recent folders...
    > Open Slideshow ...

But after clearing those settings, irfanview still remembers my most recent open folder.
    Last edited by greyfire; 29.01.2023, 01:51 AM.

I see, the clear button doesn't clear the file history, only clears the folder history in the open dialog. It would make more sense if it cleared everything. You can edit the ini file manually and remove the entries but that's not a good solution. Feel free to ask the delepoer Irfan Skiljan. The contact info is in Help -> About IrfanView.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
    X