Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Implemented Option to limit visibility to selected area

Hi.

I often enter musical scores into MuseScore. To do so I open the scan of the sheet music in Irfanview, zoom to window width and enter the notes. In order to focus on the line and not getting distracted to other lines and entering wrong notes, I select a single line and limit the picture to the selection (CTRL+Y). When I entered the line I press CTRL-Z, select the next line and press CTRL-Y.

I thought it would be nice to have an option in the View-menu called "Limit visibility to selection". So that everything except the selected are disappears and when the selection is moved, the view changes on the fly. With this option I could zoom to window width, select a line and then simply move the selection over the next line...without having to press any addition keys.

This option could be toggled on/off in the menu.

Is that possible?
    Does this make sense to anybody else? ?

I hope everybody - or at least some people - understand what I mean.

Regards
    Thorsten

Fit to window width, drag the bottom or top of the window up or down until only one line is visible. Scroll down using the mouse wheel or page down cursor keys.

Click image for larger version  Name:	View by Line.png Views:	0 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	98035
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi.

Sorry for the silence...this topic was los in my mind.

And thanks for your reply. Yes, this works most of the time....I had an issue with it but I can't remember what it was. I'm sure it will pop up when I have the next big load of score work to do ;-)

Cheers
      Thorsten

Comment

Why is there a 'Implemented' before the topic? Am I missing something? Is there a 'limit visibility to selection' function?

Reduce the window size to have only one score line visible is almost the same, but not exactly.

Comment

When you remember when it doesn't work, let me know and the thread can be reopened.
          You are welcome to forward the request to Irfan Skiljan if you wish.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X