X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forwarded Plug-in dicom

Hello everybody.
    I have a problem to open image dicom *.dcm
    I try with irfan view 32 or 64 bit 4.57 with the all plugin installed dicom.dll as well.
    When I try to open *.dcm I have this message:

decode error! Erros lodading image

Somebody can help me?
    Many thanks.

Please zip a few *.dcm files and attach them to the forum.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I try to upload attacments to this forum
      probleme:
      "im0000.dcm
      Upload failed. You are not allowed to upload files with the extension dcm."

Comment

That is why I said: "Zip a few *.dcm files."
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

ok here are the files
          Attached Files

Comment

I get the same error with IrfanView 4.57, 4.56, and 4.44. The dicom plugin is installed.

These best free DICOM viewer software let you open a view DICOM files one at a time or in multiples. Zoom, flip, rotate, annotate, read patient tags, etc.

Comment

Same thing here, but XnView MP can open these samples. ?
              IrfanView 4.62 64-bit

Comment

Thanks for your answer. It seems irfanview doesnt work for DICOM. Perhaps need a new pluggin. If somebody else have an other goodf idea...

Comment

Send your Zip file to Irfan Skiljan and tell us what he says. See Help, About IrfanView for his email.

Comment

OK I do it. Tell the answer soon. Thanks

Comment

Here is the response

PS.

Just tested with EzDicom ... sorry, the file can't be loaded.

---

Hi,

Sorry, the plugin is old, third party => it can't load your files :-(

Did you try the EzDicom program?
                      The plugin is based on that ... with some fixes to avoid crahes.
                      ---

At 07:22 05.03.2021, mazollier@free.fr wrote:
                      >Hello
                      >I have a problem to open image dicom *.dcm
                      >I try with irfan view 32 or 64 bit 4.57 with the all plugin
                      >installed dicom.dll as well.
                      >When I try to open *.dcm I have this message:
                      >
                      >decode error! Erros lodading image
                      >
                      >Do you know this probleme?
                      >Do you have any solution?
                      >Many thanks.
                      >
                      >https://irfanview-forum.de/forum/pro...-plug-in-dicom

The current IrfanView version is 4.57

Greetings/Gruesse/Pozdrav,

Irfan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Irfan Skiljan, DI, EMail: irfanview@gmx.net
                      Author of IrfanView, free image viewer for Windows
                      On Internet: http://www.irfanview.com
                      http://www.irfanview.net
                      http://www.irfanview.info

"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto" =
                      "I am human, therefore nothing human is strange to me."
                      Terentius
                      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I never experienced problems viewing DICOM files if they have .dcm extension. But if I try to open such file with no extension (many medical software products place such files to DICOM subdir on a CD/DVD), I always get the following error: "Can't read file header ! Unknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found !".

If I rename the file, adding .dcm extension, IrfanView always opens it correctly. But to add the extension to a file on a read-only media, you need to copy it to a writable one.

Is there a way to open DICOM files with no extension without copying/renaming them?

Comment

Hello!
                          I'm using the version 4,60 with all plugins and it is not working for me.
                          Last edited by emerson.jrm; 17.10.2022, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by emerson.jrm View Post
                            Hello!
                            I'm using the version 4,60 with all plugins, and it is not working for me.
                            The files that you sent to me loaded in 4.60, but the result is just noise.

Comment

Working...
                            X