X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SVG] problems with view and loading corresponding plugin

Hi all!

I am using now the latest 4.60 ver. of IV + all its plugins. As 32 so and 64 bit versions. And I found out that SVG files are completely incorrectly are being shown inside the subj.
    And I found 2 cases:
    1) 64 bit of IV itself does not even able to load corresponding 64bit dll of SVG plugin:

2) There is also CADImage plugin - it's loading, but behaves like Shareware - thus it can't be used broadly.
    I even do not understand WHY it even does exist in a list of downloadable and installable plugins even.
    But even if we will forget about it's Shareware status - it shows SVG wrongly. But a little bit better than 32 bit IV+32 bit SVG plugin.

Also I don't understand HOW I SHOULD switch between those plugins which are responsible for displaying the same file type?
    For example, the SVG file mentioned here. It can be opened and shown by TWO plugins from the assembly, as I see it right now.
    And HOW exactly should I switch the use of these plug-ins within the program???
    Why isn't there some kind of upper-level menu like: "Activated plug-ins." - and it would list all the plug-ins, that can open the current file/extension!
    And so I can change the plugin with one mouse click. For example from CADImage to SVG, or vice versa. Or some other one, if one had been installed by me.

Example of SVG file itself:

Expected view:

But current view is:

this in on a laptop monitor: 1366*768. And I can only view it with 32 bit IV+32 bit SVG plugin.

IrfanView only supports 24-bit colour.
    The plugins can be activated/deactivated from the Help Menu, installed plugins.
    The maximum width for the SVG rendering is set in Settings, Plugins, SVG
    Result after cropping white space @ 3,200 pixel maximum width.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Packet Flow.png
Views:	917
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	94483
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

ALSO - I would like to understand - at the Settings I can see the option - To show Alpha|Transparent Color. BUT HOW does it work??? In all such files, which indeed contain transparent color I see only WHITE color. As example you can take this PNG file from "Expected view:". It DOES contain very much transparent color - but all what I can see - is a white color.
      As an example I can show you the PROPERLY way of showing such "complex" pictures:

You see some cell-based background? Thus in that case I really can see that the picture contains the transparent color/alpha color.
      In your app I do not see such simple view.

PLS, fix it ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by Bhikkhu Pesala View Post
        1)IrfanView only supports 24-bit colour.
        2)The plugins can be activated/deactivated from the Help Menu, installed plugins.
        3)The maximum width for the SVG rendering is set in Settings, Plugins, SVG
        4)Result after cropping white space @ 3,200 pixel maximum width.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Packet Flow.png Views:	0 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	94483
        1) And what should it change? Some pictures will not be able properly rendered at all? The Image Viewer does not work as an Image Viewer? At 22 century???
        2) I know about the process of activating/deactivating. I am not asking about that. My question was regarding the ability HOW TO SWITCH between used plugins at a real-time?
        Obviously that this MUST BE DONE - if we introduced the support of Plugins mechanism
        3) OK. I have 5000 here and it does not change anything...
        4) Result is still NOT a valid|proper|good SVG picture. I provided the forum with expected view. As I see it now - App is not able to render it properly...
        It's a bug. SHOULD be fixed. Or inside the plugin - OR inside the App itself.

P.S. Why some crop operation even should be done? In file we see that:
        width="1650"
        height="525"
        Obviously that the picture in a whole - IS NOT a super biiiiiig picture.
        Last edited by Destiny; 15.04.2022, 05:43 PM.

Comment

SVG plugin in IrfanView doesn't support all features of SVG format, it's only good for quick preview. SVG is very complex, it's more similar to a web page rather than image. Ideally you would rather use a web browser engine to display SVG rather than independent implementation. Feel free to use your favorite web browser for viewing SVG files.

Speaking of transparent images, IrfanView allows you to choose any backgroud color.
          My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
            1)SVG plugin in IrfanView doesn't support all features of SVG format, it's only good for quick preview. SVG is very complex, it's more similar to a web page rather than image. Ideally you would rather use a web browser engine to display SVG rather than independent implementation. Feel free to use your favorite web browser for viewing SVG files.

2)Speaking of transparent images, IrfanView allows you to choose any backgroud color.
            1) Ok, Indeed web-browser shows it perfectly. IMHO it would be much more correct - in this case COMPLETELY do not support the viewing abilities for SVG pic. rather than to show such incorrect pic. - like it happens at nowadays... Such an advanced application like this should be ashamed to show only such files somehow. It's better to show a hint that such files should be opened in your browser.

2) Transparent color should be marked/rendered AS NOT a COLOR object))) Otherwise you will not be able easily to distinguish it from the real color. I also provided the forum with much more usable the example of a rendering of such element like transparent/alpha color. And also I am quite interesting - WHAT is hiding behind the settings option: "Show <file extensions> alpha/transparent color"? If by default I can't found out any notice/marks/tooltips about this element in any file which indeed contains such element. HOW does this option work? What does it mean for itself?

And we all here forget about the problem that the 64 bit SVG plugin is not able to load inside the 64 bit App!
            I hope this bug can be easily reproduces on any computers of any forum user?
            Yes - even in case when I vote personally for removing the ability to show "somehow" a SVG - the loading process of DLLs should not produce any errors.
            Last edited by Destiny; 16.04.2022, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Ommghhh, by the way, is the author-developer of the app expected to provide answers in this thread? Or is this entirely just a user forum?

Comment

The goal of IrfanView is to be fast and lightweight. The basic SVG support there is for convenience. If the feature isn't sufficient for you, just ignore it. I'm using a web browser for displaying SVG as well.

The transparent color is displayed as a window background color. You may choose any color as a window background. If you select some vibrant color, the transparent areas would be clearly visible. if you disable showing transparency, IrfanView will display only the RGB part of the picture, ignoring the alpha channel.

In my copy of IrfanView 64 bit, the SVG plugin is loading just fine. Please make sure you're using the matching version of the plugin.

Yes, this is an user forum.
                My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

My 64bit version loads and views the SVG also. (your attitude about what MUST be fixed is not helping). Use open with external editor.

Comment

Working...
                  X