Why not newest Paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not newest Paint?

I keep getting an error while using the flood fill tool in Paint. I'm removing a background from an image and need to click in multiple areas. After several clicks, not necessarily the same ones, I get the error, which just says "bad allocation" and "IrfanPaint version: 0.4.13.57"
    I visited the IrfanPaint site from the About dialog, and it says the latest version is 0.4.13.70 (and apparently dates back to 2010.) And that a previous version (0.4.13.67) had a "serious memory leak bug." But when I try to use the latest version (by downloading and replacing that dll), it does not work at all. And it seems that IrfanView is still using 0.4.13.57 (per the plugins page.)

Is there a reason that IrfanView is not using the latest version? Can anyone help me on how to get the latest version to work?

If it matters, I'm using the 64-bit version because I'm working with very large images. And I have just updated to 4.60 (which did not make a difference.)

Thanks!

To get it working again, extract the 0.4.13.57 plugin from the installer, and copy it to your IrfanView plugins folder.
    The updated 0.4.15.70 plugin is not available on the IrfanView plugins page. Email Irfan Skiljan if you want to know why not.
    This is really ancient code now, I would be surprised if this has not been reported until now.
    See Help, About for his email address.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi gspontak
      While IrfanView added IrfanPaint since version 4.10 in 2007, it has upgraded its own embedded version even after IrfanPaint version 0.4.13.70 was released in 2010. I can see in https://www.irfanview.com/history_old.htm that for example version 4.40 in 2015 has "some fixes in the Paint PlugIn"... so you can ignore the dll you get from IrfanPaint.
      I would agree that Irfanview should indicate a new version number for IrfanPaint to avoid any confusion...

Comment

Working...
      X