Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8bf filter Colormancer White Balance and Highlight Recovery, problem in iv 4.62 (x86)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8bf filter Colormancer White Balance and Highlight Recovery, problem in iv 4.62 (x86)

Hi all, thank you for accepting my registration!
    Since updating from irfanview 4.60 to 4.62 (x86) the 8bf filter Colormancer, White Balance and Highlight Recovery does no longer work properly (it did so in in version 4.60!).
    I always used the version 1.0.7 (www.colormancer.ca). File version, name and size were not changed.
    The filter's dialog box now shows a black & white image instead of a color image and controls do not lead to any changes.
    Any ideas if or how this can be solved? Are there similar experiences?
    The filter is extremely useful for me and I used to apply it regularly.
    Thank you in advance for any helpful hints.
    Edit: The error occurs on Win7, Win10 and Win11 (all 64bit) when updating from iv 4.60 (x86) to 4.62 (x86).
    Last edited by picturetom; 13.01.2023, 03:32 PM.

When you upgraded, did you upgrade the plugins package? This change was made in 4.62.
    • New "Adobe 8BF filters" PlugIn (also for 64-bit 8BF, thanks to Sinisa Petric)
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thank you, yes, I also applied the matching plugin package as always and as recommended.

Comment

Maybe this new plugin pshost.dll (PSHOST - (version 4.61): allows IrfanView to load Adobe Photoshop 8BF filters) is the reason for the error.
        A dll with that name is not included in the 4.60 installation packs. Perhaps it does not thoroughly support the colormancer plugin?

Comment

Problem solved: In the Plugins section of Irfanview homepage (https://www.irfanview.com/plugins.htm) there is just recently a newer version of the pshost.dll (version 4.62.2) available for download as zip-archive. Unpacking and updating the previous version 4.61 of the dll via copy paste into the Pulgins folder solved the problem. The Colormancer White Balance filter now works again. Thanks to the developer!
          Last edited by picturetom; 14.01.2023, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X