Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTRL + F11 is not working by default

Dear Support team,

PrintScreen used to work beautifully before (Sorry, I dont know which version I had used). I used to change add colors, text and a lot more on the captured image itself (not taking the capture to irfanview software).
    Why is that not true in recent version 4.44? or am I missing some settings here?
    In the recent version only sometimes Ctrl+F11 is working, like after clicking on start of Capture Setup window only for sometime it will work.
    How to run the software in background.
    Please let me know how can I get the older versions.

Thanks
    Nagendra
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 20.03.2021, 09:18 PM.

PrintScreen is a Windows shortcut, and it still works to capture the entire screen.

Alt+Printscreen captures the active window only.

The Shortcuts used for IrfanView's screen capture and the options are set in Screen Capture setup (shortcut c).

Nothing has changed since older versions, so installing them won't help.
    Originally posted by Nagendra View Post
    PrintScreen used to work beautifully before (Sorry, I don't know which version I had used). I used to change add colors, text and a lot more on the captured image itself (not taking the capture to irfanview software).
    Perhaps you previously used some other software to capture images, like FastStone Capture. Even the last free version 5.3 offers a lot more options for annotation of text, but the screen capture can still be copied and pasted into IrfanView for further editing.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Nagendra,
      this is not a support team, on this board we are all volunteers.
      If you want to capture the full screen or a part of the screen with the help of IrfanView, press 'c' on the keyboard
      (Options - Capture/Screenshot) and the capture dialogue will start. You can set many options, so that capturing of screen
      contents fits your needs.
      CTRL+F11 is the initial setting to actually take a screenshot, but this is not active until you start it with 'c'.
      HTH
      Win 10/64 Home 22H2 IrfanView 4.66/64
      Hate has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet. (Maya Angelou)

Comment

Hi,
        I have additional question about capture hotkey
        I'm using standard ifranview hotkey CTRL+F11 - acitvated with C (Options - Capture / screenshot)
        This worked perfect for me, but it happed that hotkey stopped working, don't know the reason and the only option to get it back is to uninstall completely ifranview and install it again.
        Is there any more userfriendly alternative, how to set the my favorite hotkey back?
        (using windows 10 PRO, latest ifranview)

Comment

Press C to go the Capture dialog and press the desired hot key in the hot key field. If it says None then you removed it.
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X