Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show grid lines in the middle of the picture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show grid lines in the middle of the picture?

Hi.

I'd like to have grid lines to see where the horizontal and vertical center of the image is. I'd like to place text in the (horizontal) middle. I can select the whole picture and use the selection grid (fourths) but when I use STRG+T to enter a text and click on the vertical line in the center I cannot place the text because the whole picture is selected.

Is there a way to show vertical and horizontal center lines? I tried to enter half of the image size into the field to show the grid but it only lets me enter 3 digits

Or should I move this to the request section?
    The grid should have more options (half/third/fourth, just like the selection grid)

If all you need is to centre text horizontally you don't need any selection grid. Just select the full width of the image and centre the text.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Thanks for your reply. This works (I had assumed the elements left and right of the space for the text would be overwritten but they are not 'harmed' if the text fits into the empty space). I would prefer a grid line though.....maybe a simple choice like in the selection grid could be added

Comment

Working...
      X