Failed to create Temporary File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to create Temporary File

When i try to save a jpg file to pdf, and Activate compression, is selected (by default) I get the error "Failed to create temporary File"
    I use Windows Vista Ultimate.. thanks in advance for your help!

Does this happen just for creating pdfs or also for other image formats?
    And "Activate Compression", does this mean you activated compression in the ImPDF options? Which kind of compression did to select for the type of image you like to save (I expect it's a true color image).

Comment

Cannot "Save As PDF" unless logged in as Administrator

I was about to create a new topic about the same issue! It only happens if I click "Activate Compression" in the ImPDF options.

I am running Windows XP. It only happens if I login as a user with restricted rights (i.e. without admin rights). I open a JPEG and then in the top menu click File > Save As... and "Save As Type" > PDF. A window pops up showing an error in a JPEG library.

The reason is that Irfanview or ImPDF.dll tries to create a temporary file in the root of C:\ and this cannot be done with restricted rights. I know this because I logged in as an admin and used SysInternals Process Explorer, which showed me the file being created.

Is there any way around this? Is it possible for Irfanview to create the temporary file in %TEMP%, which will always be writeable?

Thanks!
      Last edited by jpcoetzee; 16.11.2007, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Irfanview and plugins like ImPDF do not share their jpeglib. So I expect a plugin issue. I don't think there is a work around. Let's hope an update of the plugin will solve the issue. Do you have an idea about the name of the temporary file or does it really look randomly constructed?

Comment

Originally posted by impdf View Post
          Do you have an idea about the name of the temporary file or does it really look randomly constructed?
          It's randomly constructed. There are two of them, and they have names like td5o2.1 and td5o2.2. The prefix changes every time.

Looking at your user name - are you the writer of the ImPDF plugin?
          Last edited by jpcoetzee; 17.11.2007, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Let's say I'm connected. If there is time I'm checking the forum and do reporting.

Comment

Working...
            X