Slideshow quits unexpectedly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slideshow quits unexpectedly

I like to use Irfanview's slideshow function to skim through series of jpg photos quickly. It's worked flawlessly on my older computer, but I've recently installed it on my newer computer (running XP Pro), and when I try to run Slideshow, it will suddenly quit out of Slideshow mode after several seconds (no matter how fast or slow I'm proceeding through the pictures), with the main program screen still present.

I've set Slideshow mode to "Automatic after mouse/keyboard input" and have just been going forward with the Space key.

Any ideas what could be causing Slideshow mode to quit spontaneously?

Thanks!

If you frequently use your IV-browser for viewing images, you could set ‘Start in full screen mode’ in Properties»Misc.1. I ones had the same trouble and this was the solution. Strangely, now this behavure never exists anymore, even when I uncheck this option.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - I tried it, but it didn't fix the problem. Any other things I should try? Thanks!

Comment

Does the slideshow also quit when started with Shift+A?

Comment

Shift+A does work - is it because the Shift+A slideshow is inside the main window?

Unfortunately, the Shift+A slideshow lacks most of the features of the regular Slideshow option, such as opening files in subdirectories. What next should I try?

Thanks!

Comment

The Shift+A slideshow works in windowed and fullscreen modus. You can give an Enter while playing to switch between both modi. I've tried to produce your slideshow problem on various formats, but couldn't get it. It's standard that the main windows keeps present after stopping the slideshow. You could try using your arrow keys in stead of the space key, but this shouldn't make any difference. I take it, you work with version 4.1. If I've had your problem, I'd delete my i_view32.ini file from the installation folder and restart IV from scrap. If that doesn't work, re-install IV and try again. If that doesn't work eighter, it could have something to do with your hardware (keyboard?)
            Last edited by Sjef; 19.11.2007, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X