Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win 7 pro x64: Everytime I try to load irfanview-x64 UAC popup asks "Do you want..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Win 7 pro x64: Everytime I try to load irfanview-x64 UAC popup asks "Do you want..."

Operating system: Windows 7 Pro x64
    Irfanview 4.44 x64

Everytime time I try to load irfanview, either directly, through a shortcut or by clicking a photo, I get the UAC popup: "Do you want the following program to make changes to your computer?"

I installed using the recommended settings, ie., to save the .ini in the user folder, not the program directory. My current install of Windows is a few days old. I've been using irfanview on Win7 for years and never had an issue.

Contents of my i_view64:

[Others]
    INI_Folder=%APPDATA%\IrfanView

HALP!

Are you logged in to Windows as the same user for whom you installed IrfanView?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Yes. My windows install only has one user.

Comment

I don't know what else to suggest other than uninstalling and reinstalling, which I presume you have tried already.

Have you installed the 64-bit plugins too?
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I uninstalled/reinstalled once again for fun. Same problem. I did not install the plugins.

Comment

Update:

I tried installing the x32 version of Irfanview and it runs flawlessly. This however is only a short term fix. I need x64 as sometimes I work with large files.

Comment

I use Windows 10. I have the same line in both Program Files and Program Files (86) ini files as you do, pointing to AppData.

In AppData Roaming I have two ini files, one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AppDataIrfanView.png
Views:	1
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	81753

I have no idea why you're having this issue with 64-bit but not with 32-bit. It's obviously about permissions, so try running IrfanView 64-bit as an Administrator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Run as Admin.png
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	81754

Comment

Working...
              X