"there is not enough memory.."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved "there is not enough memory.."

This only happens with the 64-bit version (4.54), it worked fine with the 32-bit version, same exact scan settings.

Also, there should obviously be more than enough memory free, see screenshot.

Any clue on what's going on?

//edit: closing all other programs did not help, neither did rebooting the system;
    also, I've gotten it to scan by changing the TWAIN source to the WIA-... entry.. still, I'd prefer the other one that I'm used to.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by wahnsinn; 04.02.2020, 03:21 PM.

I'm getting the same error after every 4 scans via the TWAIN device for scans at Ledger size at 600dpi. I have to cancel the scan and restart it. Is there a way that Irfanview can 'clear' the memory that's collected by the TWAIN driver? Or is it a driver issue?

By the way, I'm on a PC with a Ryzen 5600X and 32GB RAM so I doubt that it's my hardware that is causing the issue 😂

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	7.1 KB ID:	95414
    Last edited by antzpantz@gmail.com; 31.07.2022, 05:34 PM.

Comment

AFAIK Twain only works with 32 bit IrfanView. I have both 64 and 32bit installed and use 32 bit for scanning.

Comment

Originally posted by IrfanUserGuyxyx View Post
        AFAIK Twain only works with 32 bit IrfanView. I have both 64 and 32bit installed and use 32 bit for scanning.
        Funny that, I've been using 64-bit to scan this whole time and it's fine other than this memory issue.

I have just scanned a few pages with the 32-bit version... 14 pages actually without any memory errors! Very curious!

Comment

I think it has to do with whether your machine has 64 bit Twain drivers for the scanner and if they can handle it.

Comment

Working...
          X