Error 0xc000007b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 0xc000007b

After installing 4.10 on a new PC (Windows XP Pro), the installation proceeds normally, Iview opens when clicking "finish", can view images. When I close Iview and then open again (desktop icom or start menu) I get "Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click OK to exit application". I uninstalled, reinstalled several times, also tried version 3.97. Same error. Any clues?

Hi rfm2,

Some users happen to encounter problems because the version of the plugins installed doesn't match IV's one. So a first clue is to uninstall any previous version, empty installation directory, download fresh installation files from www.irfanview.com (setup, plugins) and reinstall.

Laurent
    Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

error 0xc000007b

Laurent, thanks for the reply. In this case the installation was on a new computer with no new previous version, using 4.10 for main program and plugins. I uninstalled, deleted Irfanview folder, reinstalled, same problem. I have tried installing only the main program without plugins and associating only JPG files. Same problem. I finally tried installing in Safe Mode, and the program not only can display image files upon completing installation (which it could do before) but can now also be opened from the desktop icon or start menu. When I restart in normal mode I still get the error when trying to open Iview. That tells me that there must be some conflict with one of the programs that loads on startup.

I am a very experienced user and have been using Iview on many computers from the very earliest days it was made publicly available. My purpose in posting the question was to see if someone had hit that specific problem and had discovered what the conflict might be. I would still welcome suggestions for discovering the conflict.

Comment

I too am experiencing this error. This is a brand new Windows XP Pro machine (Dell D820 laptop) that I am trying to install the program on. As the previous poster details, I can only install under the program under safe mode. Reboot back to the normal user (that has admin permissions on the computer) and attempt to run the program, the error
        'The application failed to intialize properly (0xc000007b). Click OK to terminate the application. for i_view32.exe will appear.

I initally tried to install an older version of the program where I ran into this problem. I then downloaded the newest version and it would allow the program to install under the normal user and would launch the program from the setup without the error. closing the program and launching it from the shortcut, the error would return.

Comment

Hi rfm2 and vondie,

You both speak of a new computer. Do they have multiple core processor? In this case, search this forum with keywords like "processor, core, crash, thumbnail". A workaround has been proposed (run IV on one core only). Hope this helps.

Laurent

Comment

Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)

I have been using an IV on my Dell Core2 duo with no problems. Just did a MS update plus installed Symantic "end point"....Now IV won't load and give the "Application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)" error. I installed IV 4.1 over the previous version and it worked immediately after installation but won't load anymore...

Comment

I am also getting this error.

The error is occurring on a Dell Latitude D830 laptop with a dual core processor. It also has Symantec End Point protection as I found in a closed thread about this same problem where they removed part of Symantec and everything worked. But I have a company laptop and cannot remove part of the Symantec End Point Protection so I need to find another solution, any ideas?

If I reinstall when Done is clicked it comes up fine, but will never start the second time, it also is before any additional plug ins are installed, because the plug in installer apparently tries to shutdown and restart the program, and it won't ever start the second time.

Bob L
              Last edited by rvlewis; 25.10.2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

So far, I have not found a solution. My problem is exactly like yours Bob but nothing I have read or tried has solved the problem. Unfortunately, I have resorted to remove IrfanView and use the standard windows image viewer for the few machines effected.

Comment

Hi Bob, vondie,

I just made a search on Google for this error 0xc000007b and I got many results. Many ideas too about the cause of this error. It isn't specific to IrfanView. Maybe some hints / tips there might be useful to solve your problem.

Laurent

Comment

Working...
                  X