Tilt Shift Photography

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tilt Shift Photography

I was wondering whether creating a tilt shift effect in a photo is possible? I know it is in photoshop, but I don't want to go and spend a whole heap of money on one effect! I can't find it myself, but is there anyway you can do it in Irfanview?

Here is a free plugin that might help
    Its: Belongs to "It"
    It's: Shortened form of "It is"
    ---------------------
    Lose: Fail to keep
    Loose: Not tight

---------------------
    Plurals do not require apostrophes

Comment

Thanks, got the right plug-in, but even following the instructions on how to install it (the instructions have three programs as examples and I'm not sure it's going to work with Irfanview) haven't worked for me. How do I get it to work???

Comment

Sorry - in the brackets I was meaning to put - Irfanview is not used as an example.

Comment

Not sure where the map goes fuzzy for you, so I'm starting at the barest beginning. Besides, you never know who else might read this some day.

Unzip it, put the pppgradblur.8bf file somewhere - like a folder named "8bfplugins" - but not in the irfanView Plugins folder, because you don't want to clutter that up and you will probably want to get more plugins. Then open some image and either press Ctrl + K or mouse the menu:

---Effects --> Adobe 8bf filters

and when the plugin dialog window opens click on the "Add 8bf Filters" button. Then you have to browse to the folder where the new plugin is and select it and click OK. Now and every time you invoke the Adobe filters dialog it will be there. Double click it or select and click the "Start selected filter" button, and play around.

There are a bunch of sliders and whatnot to play with, but eventually you will find out what settings you like best.
          ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

A dialog square opens up when I click the Adobe 8bf filters, saying:

"Can't load PlugIn: "8BF_FILTERS.DLL"!
            Please download/install PlugIns from Irfanview homepage!"

Comment

just do that: get that additional plugin from the irfanview downloads
              and put it into your plugins-folder;
              it's a plugin for a plugin (enables you to use .8bf filter plugins)(pretty cool actually)

Just tested that gradient-blur thingie, works without a hitch.

Comment

LOL, I should have gone back to step 0, I didn't know that not all of the foundation was there yet. Get the plugin installer, it will automatically find your IrfanView installation and put all of the standard IV plugins in the right place. You'll get it all sorted out eventually. There are a lot of angles to figure out when you have anything as versatile as IV.

If you ever want to really blow your mind and have the graphics editing world in your hand, get The GIMP - it does almost anything PhotoBloat can do for free and at a tenth of the download size.
                ---------------------

---------------------

Comment

Cheers, the fx are awesome!

Comment

Working...
                  X