Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irfanview does not refresh directory listing

Hello,

I don't know if anyone has spotted this before but if you open Irfanview and then create an image from another (for example open a multi page tiff and then extract a page to a new tiff) when you then use the arrows to move through files in the working directory it will not see or even count the new image you have just created. In order to see this image you have to close and then re-open Irfanview.

I find it highly unlikely that this was done by design and appears to happen on a number of my machines, I imagine that Irfanview just caches the directory listing and then does not update it.

My process was this,

1. Open the multipage tiff in Irfanview.
    2. Extract 1 page from document into a new document.
    3. Cycle through the directory using the arrows on the toolbar.

I have attached a screenshot.

My machines are using a combination of Windows XP.

Windows XP SP1, SP2.
    Attached Files

Hi Cepeleon,
    The way you handle your images seems to reveal a shortcoming of IV that I never have encountered. I think you have a point here. I cannot find any option eighter to solf this behaviour. I tested this on other graphical applications (for instance an old ACDSee 2.44) and they see the saved image in the same directory without shutting the program down and starting up again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepeleon View Post
      In order to see this image you have to close and then re-open Irfanview.
      This is how Irfanview works. There are case where this behavior is good.
      But in your case just press F5 to refresh to update the directory list.

Comment

I don't regard this as a bug, but as by design. Since F5 will refresh the list without reloading IV, the current behaviour has a small advantage over automatic updating.

If I delete an image from the viewer, then the directory index is updated.

Moved to support forum.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X