tiff to pdf conversion question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tiff to pdf conversion question

I'm under the assumption that I can't use Irfanview to go from tiff to pdf from the command line.

I am using a plethora of free utilities to accomplish a task, but I have a feeling I'm doing this the long and hard way. I am simply trying to take a fax saved as a tiff (these are not color faxes and I assume it's a multipage tiff since most of my faxes are about 15 pages) and end up with a pdf by doing these conversions from the command line (I have a perl script that is doing the "batching"). I was using Irfanview to go from tiff to jpg (I don't believe there is a gif option as that would be ideal), then fly2pdf to go from jpg to pdf, but the jpg is too large. I have a document that is scanned as pdf, that is about 15 pages and is 535K, but when I do the irfanview route, one single fax tiff page ends up being 103K as a jpg, before I even get to pdf it's too large.

Any ideas of what I should use to get the end result (tiff to pdf)? I'm looking for small pdf's as an end result because I'm going to have to store thousands of these pdf's on my web server.

Thank a bunch for taking time to read this.

With kind regards.

Originally posted by mrealty View Post
    I'm under the assumption that I can't use Irfanview to go from tiff to pdf from the command line.
    Why? You should just give it a try ;-)
    There are a couple of threads about this issue.

Comment

Working...
    X