Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batch Conversion resize doesn't work

Hi all,
    I have two unusual problem: When I tried to resize all images to e.g. 30 %, everything works fine, no error, no warnings. But no image was resized..
    And 2nd: Same procedure: Now, me was told, Harddisk full. But there are 28 GB free. Just 20 pictures ~500 kB.
    Version 4. Windows xp sp2. Files are not write potected.Please help.
    Thanks.

tsunami

First thing to check would be the output file path. Perhaps you're sending these files to a USB drive by mistake? IIRC the default is C:\TEMP
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Re: Path

Hi,
      thanx for the fast reply. The path ist the same dir. Overwrite existing files is checked. The path is my home dir. I also treid an alternative path, e.g. c:\temp or d:

regards
      tsunami

Comment

Hi tsunami,

Are you using command line for that? In that case, do you use the /convert option (to write a file)? See this example from IrfanView's help file (Overview/Command line options):
        > i_view32.exe c:\*.jpg /resize=(500,300) /aspectratio /resample /convert=d:\temp\*.png

Laurent
        Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

re: comand line

No, the ordinary menu.
          Batch conversion
          Add all images
          use advanced options
          check overwrite existing files
          check use this directory for output
          resize to 50% procent
          start

tsunami

Comment

Hi tsunami,

Here it works fine.
            Do you see something special in the progression window?
            Is it possible that your files are read-only or are on an NTFS filesystem that doesn't grant you to write ou modify files?
            For debugging, I suggest you to resize one image manually and to save it. Maybe this will help discovering where the problem is.

Laurent
            Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

confirming batch resize problem

I've got the same problem in version 3.98, downloaded 4.0 and still same error.

unable to resize JPG images in batch to fixed height, tried with empty target directory to be sure what happened !.

Adding frame and overlay text in batch which worked fine ... beats me

manually resize worked (as always)

XP up2date on servicepacks; no plugins in irfanview

Comment

No problems here — set to fixed height or set to fixed width.
                This is how the batch advanced options dialogue looks.
                Attached Files
                Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hello,

please try to download iv_formats.zip and copy the files from this archive to the IrfanView\plugins directory. After this download the newer formats_401.zip file and copy the content also to the plugins directory, overwriting the existig .dll.

Regards, Nils.

Comment

Working...
                  X