Problem with color management in .psd files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with color management in .psd files

I've created a new graphics image in Photoshop CS3 and saved it as 3 different formats: .jpg, .tif and .psd

When saving, I have ticked the "ICC Profile: Adobe RGB (1998)" setting with all 3 images.

I've then viewed the images in Irfanview. The .jpg and .tif files look normal while the colours in the .psd file looks under-saturated. It appears as though Irfanview is not recognising any color management profile in the .psd image, although I'm beginning to suspect the problem could be with Photoshop.

If I turn Irfanview's "Enable color management" settings off, then all 3 images are the same with under-saturated colours.

Has anyone experienced this same problem before? If Photoshop is the cause... then apart from ticking the Color Profile box when saving a file in Photoshop .psd format, what other setting/option is there?

I'm using Windows Vista 32bit, with a Spyder colour calibrated screen. Irfanview is v4.25, with the latest plugin pack installed. The colour management setting is set to use the "current monitor profile". Photoshop colour management working space is Adobe RGB, and all other settings are unchanged.

Thanks for any suggestions on this.
Working...
X