Panorama Image - Filename Stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Laurent View Post
    Did you try to rename your .ini file (i_view32.ini.save for example) and then start IrfanView to make a panorama again?
    That just changes the text to the default lime green, but there is still no option to remove it.

Probably this has always been like this, unless it is a new "feature." I find it hard to believe that anyone will want filenames in their panorama images at all, let alone by default.

The question is, "Is this a bug, or do we need to file a feature request?"
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu, Matera,

The same program (i_view32.exe) with the same seetings (new default INI file) should have the same behaviour, except if it depends on its environment or data.

I didn't see anything relevant in the registry.

My i_view32.exe 4.00 is 457 728 bytes.
      Plug-ins 4.00 installed from exe file.
      French language installed.
      Win XP Pro SP2.

When I download a new version of IrfanView, I always download at the same time the plug-ins and language file too. The only two exceptions were when I downloaded i_view32.exe only (once for a fix and once for IrfanPaint).

For me, impossible to have that text into panoramas. I tried again after having renamed the Plugins directory and I still had no text.

Given the unpredictable behaviour from one user to another one, I believe we may speak of a bug (Matera: they don't speak French, they speak Binary )...

Laurent
      Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

The bug does not occur with the original i_view32.exe, only with the special edition downloaded for use with Irfan Paint.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Hi Bhikkhu,

I also use the special i_view32.exe for IrfanPaint, but without text in the panoramas. I use Paint.dll from 20.7.2007 (0.4.1.38?). Is your version of Paint.dll more recent? I just downloaded latest version of Paint.dll (0.4.4.44 after the link on the website but properties still say 0.4.1.38, like the older I used so I wonder if mine was really 0.4.1.38).

I see also that the version of i_view32.exe downloaded from the IrfanPaint website is more recent than the one I use.

I get that text with recent i_view32.exe from IrfanPaint Website.

Culprit identified

Laurent
          Before you post ... fill in your OS and IV version in your profile.

Comment

So I assume this conversation is continued in the 'Bug reports' department..
            Rest In Peace, Sam!

Comment

Working...
            X