Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I cannot open image files from my network drive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cannot open image files from my network drive.

I'm not sure when this started-maybe 6 months ago? Finally getting around to posting…

All of my image files are stored on a network drive. I cannot open them directly into Irfanview. I have to copy them to a local drive first. Here's the error message I get:
    There is nothing wrong with the files. Other programs open them without trouble.
    Any idea what's going on here?
    Thanks in advance.

Did it start since you upgraded to Windows 10? Are you trying to open them from Windows Explorer or from IrfanView's file open dialog? Try the latter method. Have you upgraded to IrfanView 4.57 yet?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

I upgraded to Windows 10 years ago, so it's not that. I can't open from either Explorer or the dialogue because it doesn't even see my mapped network drives. I try to keep things up-to-date, but at your suggestion I updated from 4.54.

But now - the plot does thicken: I bought a new desktop about 6 months ago that I use for photo processing. So on a whim, I just tried it on one of my other PCs and it works fine !

The mapped drives are all mapped the same and it's only a problem with Irfanview. No other program has trouble seeing or working with the network drives. So now I am really stumped.
      Thanks, again.

P.S. I can't save an image to a network drive either-it doesn't show up in that dialog box.
      Last edited by Artworksmetal; 26.02.2021, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Are you using any antivirus program?
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Yes--Norton.

Comment

Antivirus software may block access to the files. Please check your settings.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Working...
            X