• Show
Clear All

My IrfanView lost the right click menu on the windows 7 bottom toolbar

Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	366
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	90521

It is supposed to be like this( winrar )
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	200
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	90522

So i cannot access to my recent files , only the irfanview is like this ,other applications are all good
    help!!

Is there anyone can help me about this issue?

Comment

I am using Windows 10, but I don't see it there either.
      I can see nothing in Windows Taskbar settings, which is where I would expect to find a setting to control this behaviour.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This might be a problem with shell integration in Windows. I have the complete right click menu, so it's probably system dependent.
        My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
          This might be a problem with shell integration in Windows. I have the complete right click menu, so it's probably system dependent.
          do you know how to fix this?

Comment

I'm not sure how it actually works. I guess it might depend on file associations, so if those are not set correctly, Windows wouldn't keep track of files opened in Irfanview.

You may try to run IrfanView once as administrator, go to the settings and redo the file associations. Also let the settings save to registry. Hopefully it helps.
            My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

I'm not sure how it actually works. I guess it might depend on file associations, so if those are not set correctly, Windows wouldn't keep track of files opened in Irfanview.

You may try to run IrfanView once as administrator, go to the settings and redo the file associations. Also let the settings save to registry. Hopefully it helps.
              which is the option that let the settings save to registry? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RyanYe View Post

which is the option that let the settings save to registry? thanks!

Comment

Finally! I know why I cannot fix my issue, i use a version of 4.30 which doesn't has such option!
                  I have upgraded it to the latest version now everything is fine!
                  The right click menu back online again!

thank you! Jenda!

Comment

Working...
                  X