Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thumbnail file name

Hi,
    Irfanview crates automatically thumbnails with a "_t" attached to the original file name. Is it possible to change that, to make it produce thumbnails as "thumbs_"+ the original name? Without having to rename the files afterwards by batch?

Thank you,
    Rudi

Not that I know of, but it is easy enough to create thumbnails from the Batch dialog with a filename pattern of Thumbnail_$F
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Bhikkhu Pesala I'm playing with Batch processing to resize images to "1024px on Long Side". Thats basically all I'm using this for. My website alllows for users to upload images (like Avatar images uploaded on the forum).
      While there may be a max upload size allowed, I still want to resize images for speed.
      I plan to schedule a repeating batch job to resize images in the images folder.

1) Is there a way to make a "safe copy" of images before a resize? So that the original fullsize file can be copied into another directory?
      2) Is there a way to process only NEW files... or it seems ALL files in the directory (which will continually grow) will always be processed - but 99% of them not need a resize? Does irfan make ANY change to a file if the size already meets the requirement (ie. it was already resized yesterday).
      3) If I want to create a thumbnail, do I need to run a second process, or can I have the resize output to 1 filename, and the thumbnail out to another filename?
      thx

Comment

I am no expert on batch files, but this sounds like something to do at the a command line with a *.bat file.
        • Copy the uploaded images to a backup folder
        • Resize them and save them in the 1024 pixels wide folder
        • Resize and rename the 1024 pixels files and save them in a thumbnails folder
        • Delete the uploaded images.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
        X