Issues with K-Lite codecs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues with K-Lite codecs

Using Windows 10, 64-bit, K-Lite Codecs (Standard install, 64-bit, v16.1.2, default settings), Irfanview v4.57 64-bit w/plugins. All video files (.gif, .mp4,.mkv, .webm) in Irfanview (using internal player setting) open but as a black window, audio plays and the progress bar along the bottom moves normally, just no video. No other video apps have an issue playing videos with the K-Lite codecs installed.

- If I uninstall K-Lite Codec Pack, videos in Irfanview 4.57 play without a problem.

- I've uninstalled both Irfanview and K-Lite Codecs, rebooted and reinstalled them. Videos still open the internal Irfanview player as a black window.

- If I revert Irfanview back to v4.54, videos play normally in Irfanview. 4.54 is the last version I can get to work with the K-Lite Codecs.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and has found a solution? Is there a setting that I need to change (perhaps for DirectShow) in either Irfanview or K-Lite that was fine for Irfanview 4.54 but not for later versions? Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.
Working...
X