Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get Irfanview to scroll among HEIC files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get Irfanview to scroll among HEIC files?

My iphone 12 evidently only makes high-resolution photos available as HEIC. My irfanview 4.58 (64-bit) can open a HEIC file, but unlike with jpg files, it can't scroll among files in the folder.

For example, if I open a jpg in a folder with 28 other irfan-readable files, at the bottom of the window I'll see "n/28" where n is the number of the photo. Then using my PC arrow keys, or the arrows at the top of the irfanview window, I can look at all the readable files in sequence ("2/28 > 3/28 > 4/28 > etc").

But when looking at a HEIC file, the count at the bottom of the window says "0/2" (folder actually contains 11 HEIC files), and attempting to move to the next file doesn't get me anywhere.

Suggestions?

Another quirk I see is that although the Windows time stamp reflects the EXIF date/time taken - as I'd like - opening the HEIC file in Irfanview, the date and time on the bottom of the window reflect when the file was created on my PC.
    Last edited by dgg450; 01.06.2021, 03:41 PM.

see Optons -> Properties -> Extensions

currently running 4.56 / 32 bit

Comment

I had this same problem. Fix: In Irfanview, go to "Options - Properties/Settings - Extensions". The radio button for "Load custom file types" was selected, so I added HEIC at the end of the list of extensions. I put a vertical bar at the end since that is how the last entry was before I added HEIC.

Comment

Working...
      X