Problem with Custom Selection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Custom Selection

Recently updated from 4.54 (64-bit) to 4.58 (64-bit) English version and looks like I am now experiencing similar problem.

When I try "Create custom selection... Shift-C" with ratio set to "None" and try to manually enter the pixel dimensions, it reverts back to shortest side. In my example - original image is 377 wide and 393 high, if I enter width=350 and height=390 it will revert to 377 high.

Only way around is to manually drag the selection box to the size desired. Does anyone have a fix, or is this a bug to be resolved in future version?

Click image for larger version

Name:	p1.png
Views:	444
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	91603

Great program - been using for many years 😀

I ran into the same problem with the English version. The fact that a user reported it with the Polish version was a red-herring. I just installed the Polish 4.58 plugin update, but the problem still occurs.

It depends where the selection is made on the image. if it is to the right side of the image, the bug shows up.

A workaround is the make the custom select to the left of the image, then move it to where you want it with the RMB or the shift key.

I just sent a bug report to Irfan Skiljan.
    Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 05.06.2021, 12:43 AM.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

The attached test versions fixes the Custom Selection bug, and the 16 pixel toolbar bug reported elsewhere.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 07.06.2021, 10:20 PM.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan Paint • Irfan View Help • IrfanPaint Help • Riot.dll • More Skins • FastStone Capture • Uploads

Comment

I was using the menu option (Shift-C) without using the mouse to draw the selection, so not sure how the workaround to help. In my above example, with no selection via mouse, I was not able to type "390" in the height box, it would revert back to 377. My workaround would be to manually make the selection by drawing with mouse.

Anyhow, installed your updated "i_view64.exe" and it seems to have resolved my issue.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X