save-as pdf fails on 2 of my 3 installs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

save-as pdf fails on 2 of my 3 installs

i have 3 installs = win7, xp (laptop), xp (desktop). only xp(laptop) save-as pdf works all three installs irfanview v4.10. it seems to use comsquare with ImPDF. comsquare gives a switzerland website which seems to be defunct. however, it works beautifully but am concerned since i know little about comsquare / ImPDF. print to foxit is not quite as clear. suggestions? anyone know about comsquare, can it be trusted, is irfan still using it? i would like my other two installs to function properly, too.

here is the error msg

Comment

Make sure you have installed the correct version of Plugins.
      My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

hi! thank you for the kind reply. these are three identical installations, any plugin was as it came with irfan 410. it seems unlikely that one should work and two fail based on plugins packaged with irfan.

also, i see you are a moderator - do you have information on comsquare or ImPDF ? i never had heard of either, and now the website .ch from irfan is a broken nonexistent website.

regarding the second part, i do not use w10, i think you were wanting me to use IrfanView 4.57 64bit, Windows 10 20H2 -? not sure what that part of your comment meant.
        Last edited by data87; 22.06.2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

There is a matching Plugins package for each version of IrfanView. It has to be installed separately. There must be some difference between your installations.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about comsquare or ImPDF.

The IrfanView version and Windows version under the dotted line is what I'm using. Users may add the version of the software they are using to the signature.
          My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

The latest version of IrfanView is 4.58. Do update and install the latest plugins.
            • Supports Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10
            • 32 and 64 bit version

Go to Settings, Plugins, PDF Options to choose the new plugin.

Click image for larger version  Name:	New PDF Plugin.png Views:	0 Size:	13.6 KB ID:	91794
            Last edited by Bhikkhu Pesala; 22.06.2021, 10:20 PM.
            Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

thank you for your advise! i will try this on one of the two irfan malfunctioning computers after making a restore point. i hope to do this tonight and post result, but it might be later this week.

Comment

thank you also for your kind patience! this forum has a taste of the 90s and also new things so i am just getting used to how to like, reply, ....

i think my strategy will be to perform a reinstall of the plugin into one malfunctioning install, and, then, see how it goes. i will consider updating to the current version, but, really, i have no complaints about the functioning install, and generally refrain from updating without provocation!
                dean

Originally posted by JendaLinda View Post
                There is a matching Plugins package for each version of IrfanView. It has to be installed separately. There must be some difference between your installations.

Unfortunately I don't know anything about comsquare or ImPDF.

The IrfanView version and Windows version under the dotted line is what I'm using. Users may add the version of the software they are using to the signature.

Comment

I think it would be better to update the defunct installations as Bhikkhu Pesala said. The older PDF plugin requires Ghostscript to be installed. I didn't realize that, I don't use PDF functionality in IrfanView.

Comment

IrfanView updates are rather infrequent — once or twice a year is usual. Many things improve with each release, but for fans of the RIOT plugin this release no longer supports it directly — one has to launch RIOT as an External Editor.
                    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
                    X