Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem opening .pdf files with IrfanView 4.58 (Win 10)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem opening .pdf files with IrfanView 4.58 (Win 10)

Dear Form Members,

I extracted the plugin "PDF.dll" from iview458_plugins_x64.zip and put it in my C:/Program Files/IrfanView/Plugins subdirectory for IrfanView 4.58 64-bit, on a laptop fitted with Windows 10 running with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz. When I try to open a .pdf file using IrfanView with "All files (*.*)", I get a decode error msg.

Can someone please explain how to engage IrfanView to read .pdf files? I'm not a computer expert, so you can't be too explicit in your instructions.

Thx,

S.

See Settings, Plugins, PDF options and enable "Use (new) PDF.DLL plugin for PDF loading."
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

This no longer seems to work. It instructs us to click on "Help > Plugins Menu" which does not exist.

Comment

Originally posted by JcTcom View Post
        This no longer seems to work. It instructs us to click on "Help > Plugins Menu" which does not exist.
        Who said anything about the Help > Plugins menu? See Settings, Plugins, PDF Options.

Check the Help, Installed plugins options to see which plugins are installed and enabled.
        Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

What do you see in PDF Options?

Click image for larger version

Name:	PDF Plugin Options.png
Views:	553
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	92477

Comment

Working...
          X