Simple resizing to fit standard page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple resizing to fit standard page

I'm obviously missing something, sorry. But I need to resize images so that they fit nicely onto the page ready to print. It should be obvious how to do this. But all I see is pixels. Nothing that equates to either the page size i.e. A4 (Letter size for Americans I guess) that is in my printer, or to the image size ( something that fits into A4).
    All I want to do is open an image, fit it onto a page (A4), maybe crop it a bit and resize again to make up for the lost portion, then press print. So that the picture comes out of the printer neatly placed on the page. Pixels mean nothing in this context.
    Is there not a way to resize images in real world measurements, Inches/cm, into real world sizes, A4 (210x297mm) or Letter etc.

In the File - Print dialog, there are lots of options allowing to adjust the size to fit the page.
    My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Ah OK. So it all has to be organised through the print dialogue. No option to work with it previous to getting ready to print. Oh well.
      Thanks anyway

Comment

The dialog remembers your settings. Use best fit to page.

Comment

Working...
        X