New pc, new Irfanview download not setting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New pc, new Irfanview download not setting up

I've been using Irfanview for over 20 years and never had a problem untill now.

I have a four day old Dell Inspiron 15 3000 and a new d/l of both Irfaview files {iview458_setup.exe & iview458_x64_setup.exe) from irfanview website.

In the past I have downloaded, setup, and used the application in seconds, no problem at all. This time however I've done exactly the same, set up as normal, both files this time because Irfanview says I can do this, but my photo albums are still being opened by windows.

I am not tech savvy, I have never had a lesson in computers, talk to me about dll's or ini's and i'm lost. Just like most car drivers want to turn the key and drive, I simply want to use Irfanview as I always have. I don't want to tweek the app too much because I don't understand what I am doing. I can only say than I have tried to open Irfanview as I always have, I rarely have problems with software packages so I can't tell you much more other than Irfanview is not working. My gut feeling is that there is something about my new pc that I've adjusted wrongly, but I don't know.

Perhaps there is someone out thre with ideas, I hope so!

Btw, I have both the Irfanview icons sat on my desktop, one marked 32 and the other entitied 64, I have also associated all available file extensions.

In Windows 10, you need to also set IrfanView as your default application for viewing pictures. Click the Start button and start searching by typing "default application". In the Default Application dialog, set the desired version of IrfanView as your default photo application.
    Using IrfanView 4.58 64bit, Windows 10 21H1, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon RX550 2GB

Comment

Or, in IrfanView Settings, Extensions, where it tells you how to configure IrfanView, click on the button that says Default Apps, to go straight to the appropriate Windows Settings dialog. The change from earlier versions of IrfanView is due to changes in Windows 10.
      Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.58 • Windows 10 Home

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
      X