Browsing only to supported file formats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved Browsing only to supported file formats

Hello. One thing I often do is open an image and then scroll with arrow keys to other images in the same directory. IrfanView will attempt to view seemingly any other file, including ones that it can't necessarily display. Is there a way to change the behavior to only view e.g., images? I don't use this app for anything else, but I come back to it because it's so darn fast.

Thanks in advance!

See Settings, Extensions, Load Custom file types. You can choose only common image types if you want, or set RAW images to use Preview images in Settings, Plugins, for faster browsing especially in 32-bit IrfanView.
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

1. Run IrfanView as Administrator
      2. Go to Options - Properties/Settings
      3. Go to Extensions
      4. Select the options highlighted in the picture
      5. Click OK

Click image for larger version

Name:	New-1.png
Views:	141
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	92777
      My system: IrfanView 4.62 64bit, Windows 10 22H2, Intel Core i5-3570, 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB

Comment

Oh, y'all are wonderful. Thank you for the quick responses, and JendaLinda for the super clear instructions.
        My mind didn't even register the "Extensions" section, I was just looking at the Browsing/Editing section.

Comment

Working...
        X