Color Displays as grayscale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Color Displays as grayscale

All of a sudden, pictures/screensavers in color will display and save only as grayscale. I have version 4.58. I have NOT checked either of the 2 buttons that say "display as grayscale" This has only been in the last few days. How can I correct this? PS - I'm a Luddite when it comes to computer and photo technology.

Have you checked the box on the JPG save dialog to save images as greyscale?
    Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

NO, if that's the button that pops up when trying to save or save as, it is NOT checked.

Nor is the button labeled JPEG/PCD/GIF.

This only started happenng when I updated the Irfanview program as prompted by Irfanview. I am pretty sure I have both the 32 and 64 bit Irfanviews downloaded.
      Could it be that downloading an update went to a folder where the other one is, so both are in the same folder and are conflicting with each other? I remember noting that you could have both, but needed them to be in different folders.

Otherwise, do I need to uninstall Irfanview and download it again?

Comment

See previous reply, which ran into a server error when I tried to post it.

Comment

You can install the 32-bit version in C:\Program File (x86) and the 64-bit version in C:\Program Files\

The versions are independent and can both be run at the same time.

I mean this checkbox on the JPG save dialog:

Click image for larger version

Name:	GrayScale Checkbox.png
Views:	90
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	93424
          Before you post ... Edit your profile • IrfanView 4.62 • Windows 10 Home 19045.2486

Irfan PaintIrfan View HelpIrfanPaint HelpRiot.dllMore SkinsFastStone CaptureUploads

Comment

Working...
          X